Apotheosis of evil. I'm a baptised christian who doubts the existence of God.
An avatar of anti-socialism who doesn't fit anywhere in humanity.
I'm tired and lonely... the world is meaningless to me... I want to be forgiven for my sin against someone
very dear. Yet that someone has become a mere memory, no longer an existence in my life.
Endless lament... sorrow... because I was foolish and stubborn.
"I once tried to exploit the darkness within me. But I failed, and it backfired. I was lost in the
darkness, and couldn't find the light."

August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
October 2009
-Persona 3 Afterthoughts & Review-
Persona 3 is a game that shouldn't exist! It's a sin! It's a crime! It does not belong to the world! Ever since I started playing the game I have neglected my studies! I haven't played a game as addictive as this since Final Fantasy X.
Gaming hours
Friday night -> 2h
Sunday night -> 19h
Ahhhhh, at this rate it's going to cause me to fail my exams next week! And it's making me lose sleep! The game is simply beautiful from the artwork to the character and persona designs to the animation. The voice acting for the american is actually fairly decent, though I preferred the japanese one. (duh) Nothing beats the original japanese VA. The soundtracks are catchy and well picked for the certain phases in the game. The difficulty level feels right too, you'll actually die quite a bit if you're not careful.
The most attractive part has to be the gameplay though. During battles there's more random factor added due to the fact that you only control the protagonist and you issue vague commands to your other party members. Outside battle is where the real role play comes in, where you establish social links with other people and do things with that little bit of time you have everyday. Increasing academics, courage, charm, going out with different people. It's actually a necessity to go out with all the people if you want to be a perfectionist, since the strength of the social links you build determine the strength of your persona along that arcana. Ahhh, I don't want to be unfaithful to Chihiro! Chihiroooo~~~ <3 Sigh, I shall sacrifice the advantages in battle to maintain the relationship. I shall not go out with the other girls. So there.
Okay okay sorry about that x.x Well with all that said.. Persona 3 is realli a great game.. The only thing that's lacking is a distinctive antagonist. 20 hours into the game and I haven't seen someone that stood out as an obvious bad guy, except for that irritating kid, which even then didn't seem like he was worth much in the story. The bosses fought, too, weren't as memorable as those from the other RPGs I played. Who can forget Mid-boss from Disgaea or even the Guard Scorpion from FF7? Those in Persona just seemed like tougher normal enemies that didn't serve any impact in the story. That might change further into the game, but it just feels like it takes too long for all that to come into place. It feels quite aimless for the time being.
I'll spoil for the story when I'm done with it.. I'll definitely complete the game after my exam.. but for now the story is great. Interesting concept and introduction of Dark Hour and Shadows.
I'm supposed to study and meet my teacher later and study more but.. ah, I'll just go play.. for a short while =)
he yawned again at 5:12 PM